Wednesday, August 23, 2006

AWARD JUDGING FAQ: PAUL CATMUR CLEARS A FEW THINGS UP


I never read the blog as I am too thin-skinned. However Lynchy has pointed out a couple of misconceptions that might need clearing up so I will send this to him to paste.
Firstly, the Chairmen of the individual juries do not vote.
In fact, if all goes well they'll do very little at all. They are there to answer any questions, ensure that the proceedings are fair, and that AWARD protocol be followed. If any fights break out they are instructed to referee without placing their personal safety at risk.
Secondly, I was instructed by the committee to avoid having all the same old faces on the Print and TV panels as well as to bolster up the importance of the 'None of The Above' category. Consequently some particularly old faces have been shifted towards 'None of the Above'. There was a lot of controversy around the Titanium judging at Cannes, and as this is our closest equivalent I asked that I should chair that particular jury to try and head off a similar rumpus.
In case anyone missed the first paragraph, as jury chairman, I will not be voting.
I hope that clears things up. Now get back to slagging each other off.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cleared that up then. The juries aren't rigged. They're average at best, but they're not rigged.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apart from the one that is loaded with DDB people.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodd here.

Just want to clear something up. People have asked if I'm judging but no, it's Rob Martin Murphy this year, new CD at The Furnace not Rodd Martin! I've met Rob, he's a cool guy. And fair too.

But forget The Furnace, fire up the oven. I'm judging the Sponge Cake competition at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney next April and I'm only interested in the new, the creative and above all....the moist.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moist!!!

Check out the pic on the story immediately below!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story below.

Ah yes, the cheescake competition.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DDB publicity machine seems to grinding on,i agree with 1.10.....are there any people left in DDB doing any work?....Actually we already know the answer to that one....

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home